Fri, Jun 29|
The Center at Word of Life Church
Writers Workshop: This Means War - Two Day Event
Friday, June 29 & Saturday, June 30 - (Not an Overnight Event) WRITERS CANNOT AVOID CONFLICT. We must face it. Understand it. Use it. Join a group of like-minded teens for an exciting Christian Writing Workshop where we will unlock the secrets of conflict and plot. Together, we will...
Time & Location
Jun 29, 2018, 6:00 PM – Jun 30, 2018, 5:00 PM
The Center at Word of Life Church, 6703 N Idaho Rd, Newman Lake, WA 99025, USA
About The Event
Friday, June 29 from 6:00-8:30pm & Saturday, June 30 from 9:45am-5:00pm
WRITERS CANNOT AVOID CONFLICT.
We must face it. Understand it. Use it.
Conflict is your novel’s fuel. It captures your reader, powers your plot and strengthens your characters.
Join a group of like-minded teens for an exciting Christian Writing Workshop. Together, we will discover the roots of conflict, catch a glimpse of how it affects every level of story, and unlock the secrets behind crafting a “page-turner." With lessons, contests, games and much more, this workshop will provide both new and experienced teen writers with valuable information, practice and support. Enlist today for Sharp Pens’ next workshop, This Means War!
Open to students 13-19 years old.
THIS IS NOT AN OVERNIGHT EVENT
Friday, June 29, 2018 | 6:00-8:30pm
Saturday, June 30, 2018 | 9:45am-5:00pm (lunch provided)
CONTEST DEADLINE: June 10, 2018 - 11:59pm
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 10, 2018 - 11:59pm
LATE REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 24, 2018 - 11:59pm
PROVIDED WITH REGISTRATION
- Admittance to Friday & Saturday Sessions, a total of 5 Workshop Sessions
- Friday Night Dessert
- Saturday Lunch & Snacks
- Free contest submission (students receive information about the contest upon registration for the workshop)
- A chance to win raffle prizes
5:45pm Arrival time and check in
6:00pm 1st Session
8:00pm Dessert & Hang-out
8:30pm Check out
9:45am Arrival time and check in
10:00am Welcome and Opening
10:45am 2nd Session
12:00pm Lunch and Game
1:00 pm 3rd Session
2:00 pm Discussion/table talk
2:20 pm 4th Session
3:00 pm Game
3:40 pm 5th Session
4:10 pm Q&A Time
4:30 pm Discussion and Snacks
5:00 pm Check Out
- Signed Photo Consent & Liability Release Forms (You will find these forms in your welcome packet after you have registered. Please bring them filled out and signed by a parent or guardian.)
- Notebook, Pens or Pencils
- Computer (optional)
- Feel Free to Wear a Costume on Saturday! (Each student may come to the workshop on Saturday dressed up as a warrior. You may be a warrior from one of your own stories or from history. However, no weapons are allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, knives, guns and bows w/arrows. Please choose a positive character and an appropriate costume [nothing excessively tight or revealing]. Be creative and have fun! We’re looking forward to seeing some epic characters.)
Curious about what it's like to come to a workshop? Check out pictures of past events: sharppens.org/pastevents
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
For students 13-19 years old. Provided with Registration: admittance to Friday & Saturday sessions (a total of 5 workshop sessions), Friday night dessert, Saturday lunch & snacks, games, free contest submission, a chance to win raffle prizes$30.00